Chat Options

Study In USA


The United States of America has been a global leader in the field of education and top ranked universities according to all major international rankings.

As a matter of fact, nearly 50 of the top 200 universities in the world are based in USA. International students can receive financial assistance in the form of full or partial tuition waiver, research assistantships, teaching assistantships, graduate assistantships, paid internships or part-time work options. Students can apply for the Optional Practical Training (OPT) after graduation that allows them to work in their chosen field for 12-36 months after completion of course. The median salary range after a four-year degree in US is $ 61,000 reaching to $ 1, 20,700 at mid-career level.

Study in USA also provides phenomenally higher returns over a students’ investment. USA education is the best investment for the future. Study in USA is affordable as its institutions provide a wide spectrum of tuition fees, accommodation options and financial help in the form of scholarships, fee waivers, aids, etc. The U.S.A pride themselves on being at the forefront of technology, research and techniques as they make the best possible equipment and resources available to their students.

  • Quick Facts
  • Capital

    Washington, D.C.

  • Currency

  • Population

    331 million

  • Climate

    State-wide averages of annual temperatures range from a high of 70.7 degrees Fahrenheit (21.5 degrees Celsius) in Florida to a low of 26.6 °F (-3.0 °C) in Alaska. For the entire United States, excluding Hawaii and Alaska, the year averages 52.7 °F (11.5 °C).

Three Types of Student Visas

F1 Student Visa

Students applying for a program which requires more than 18 hours of study in a week require an F1 visa. This includes all undergraduate programs as well as graduate programs like MS, MBA, etc.

Spouses or children accompanying F-1 visa recipients will travel on an F-2 visa. Please note that spouses are not able to work but may accompany and/or apply for their own visa to the U.S. to work or study.

Tuition Fees – upto 30000 USD per academic year (state universities); upto 35000 USD (private universities).

Visa Processing Time – upto 45 days.

Stay back – 1 year (for any program duration). As an F1 student visa holder, international students are able to complete up to a year of temporary employment directly related to the major field of study. The job you get after finishing your course must be directly related to your field of study.

J1 Exchange Visitor Visa

The J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa is for students, visiting scholars or lecturers pursuing an exchange program. For example, Fulbright scholars and many students on short-term study abroad programs from Indian universities will travel to the U.S. on a J-1 visa.

J1 visa is usually sought by working professional who goes to America on an exchange program, hence the name Exchange Visitor Visa. These may include a 10-month vocational training or some research fellowship, etc. Whichever be the case, the applicants would be notified for the same by the respective institutions.

Spouses or children accompanying J-1 Visa recipients will travel on a J-2 Visa. Please note that spouses are able to work when permission is obtained in advance.

M-1 Vocational/ Non-Academic Student Visa

The M1 visa is a type of student visa reserved for vocational and technical schools. While the process remains similar to an F1 visa, the difference is that on entering, the M1 visas are time stamped and students cannot overstay their visit.

Supporting Financial Documents required for F1 Visa

For the USA, students need to show proof of the amount of fund they need to cover for the first year total expenses. It includes tuition fees, living expenses, and other expenses (like books). They also need to show the proof of the readily available funds for rest of the tenure of education.

Work Opportunities for International Students

Finally, the conversation explored two attractive work opportunities for international students studying in the US: Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT).

CPT enables students to work in the US during their studies.

OPT allows students to work in the US for one year upon graduating or up to three years if graduating from a STEM-designated program or major.

During the first year of studies, students cannot accept off-campus employment. Students cannot work more than 20 hours per week. During holidays and breaks, the student may work up to 40 hours per week. The student can work for a commercial firm that provides services to the college, such as a bookstore or cafeteria.

  • Dependents
  • Spouses and children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany the applicant in the US for the duration of his or her stay require F2 or M2 visas. A spouse on F2 status cannot enroll for a full course of study but can take classes that are vocational or recreational in nature like pursuing a hobby or interest, such as cooking or tennis. Children on F2 status are allowed to attend elementary, middle, or high school as a full-time student. They may not enroll in a full-time course of study at a college or university.

    The spouse and children of students cannot accept employment at any time during the stay-period on the F2 Visa.

our Institutions
  • Texas A&M University
  • San Jose State University
  • Wichita State University
  • University of California
  • Colorado Mesa University
  • Long Island University
  • James Madison University
  • WestCliff University
  • Cleveland state University
  • Western Kentucky
  • Northern Arizona University
  • California State University
  • Sonoma University of Idaho
  • Husson University
  • Western new England University
  • Ohio Weslyan university
  • Kent State University
  • Southern New Hampshire University
  • Chatham University
  • IGlobal University
  • Alliant international University
  • Long island University
  • Northeastern Illinois University
  • University of New Haven
  • Murray State University
  • National University
  • San Francisco State University
  • Pace University
  • University of Seattle
  • Eastern Washington University
  • Trine University
  • Capital University
  • Concordia University
  • Metropolitan State University of Denver
  • Marshall University
  • Elgin community college
  • San Mateo college
  • Mercy College
  • Manhattanville college
  • New York film Academy
  • Monroe college
  • LIM college
  • Northeast wisconsin technical college
  • Seattle Centre college
  • Tacoma community college
  • University bridge
  • College of Marin Valencia
  • Chemeketa community college
  • India

    Navigant Consulting Private Limited, A14 Ground floor, Joseph Arcade, Near KSRTC Bus Stand, Pala, Kottayam, Kerala - 686575

  • Contact Number
    +1 (250) 307-8092 +1 (647) 564-5258 +91 6238649853(India)